Children who are considered for admission to the school are between the
ages of five and a half and twelve, and require specialized services to
profit from instruction. Individualized assessment is required prior to
admission to the program.
Children may also meet one of the following criteria:
- Children who demonstrate a pattern of strengths and weaknesses as determined
by qualified personnel.
- Children with academic deficits in the areas of language (oral and written)
- Children who fall into the slow-learner category and continuously require
support services of small group instruction.
- Children who are failing to achieve in general education programs.
- Children whose learning problems are not primarily caused by the results of emotional, intellectual, or sensory deficits.